Treat Your Feet
Information I Collect
To aid your treatment or as part of purchasing something from my business you will normally provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address and medical information. I will store your information in paper format to create your patient notes and future appointments are in a paper diary. Both the notes and the diary are kept in a locked filing cabinet and I am the only key holder.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my clients is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Medical professionals. With your consent I will share information with medical professionals such as your GP or consultant to allow continuity of care.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law and with your consent.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I am legally required to.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. In the case of health records these are normally exempt from change and deletion requests.
- Object. You can object to my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk
How to Contact Me
For purposes of the GDPR, I, Emma Barrow, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me via email [email protected] Alternately, you may mail me at Chapel Row Surgery